Spaghetti Sauce Ingredients
- 1 LB 50% Pork / 50% Beef Chuck
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Green Pepper Diced
- 1 Red Pepper Diced
- 1 Onion Diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 5 Large Mushrooms Sliced
- 2 tsp Salt
- 3 tsp Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Hot Pepper Flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1 small can Tomato Paste
- 1 large can Diced Tomatos
- 1 large can Crushed Tomatos
- 4 tsp thyme
- 3 tsp white sugar
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp cream or milk (optional)
This is a pretty simple recipe and just takes a bit of time to cut up the veggies, then you can grab a beer and wait for it all to reduce together. The coffee is a weird thing I learned from Reddit but it makes a HUGE difference, highly suggest you try it.
- First cook the beef/pork and drain off any fat.
- Once the beef is nicely browned up then add your onions.
- Cook the beef and onions until the onions are translucent. Get all your other ingredients ready while this is cooking.
- Cut up all your veggies.
- Add all the veggies, canned tomato, sugar, instant coffee and spices to your pot.
- Stir everything together, reduce heat to simmer. Add bayleaves.
- Simmer for 1-2 hours, stirring periodically.
Boil your pasta for 6 minutes. With 2tbsp of salt in the pot. If you think you’ve put enough salt, add more!.
Right before serving, you can add the optional 2tbsp of heavy cream, or milk to your sauce. It really helps the taste and softening up the meat.