You’ve all heard of a philly cheesesteak, well this is my take on it. This one using brioche buns instead of a sub sandwich bun.
Ingredients for the sandwiches
- 2 Brioche Buns
- 1 Ribeye Steak
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 1/2 Green Pepper, Diced
- Package of white mushrooms, cut up
- Italian Seasoning
- Swiss cheese (or provolone works well)
- Some cut up lettuce (romaine or iceberg are fine)
- 6 gloves of garlic
- 2 tsp worchestchire sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard (or keens hot mustard)
- 4 tbsp mayonaise
- 2 tsp fresh ground pepper
This is a really quick and easy recipe that takes no time to make and master. And, tastes delicious! Here’s how to make it.
- First. Set out the steak. Salt both sides of it. DO NOT put any pepper on it (it’ll just burn) when you cook it.
- Cut up all your veggies, then put in your cast iron pan with some butter and start cooking on medium.
- Mix together all your sauce ingredients and place in fridge to let the flavours mingle.
- Cook the steak for about 30 seconds a side with lots of butter, just to brown it. Then take off the pan, let it rest for a couple minutes and chop up into strips of the size you like. Pour on your desired amount of italian seasoning.
- Put the steak back on the pan and cook for another minute or two making sure to stir around so the italian seasoning coats everything.
- By now your veggies should look something like this. You can cook them less, or more. I like them like this.
- Brown your buns with some butter on your cast iron pan.
- Place your browned buns on an oven safe pan.
- Spread your sauce liberally across one half of the bun, I prefer the bottom of the bun myself.
- Place the cut up steak on top of the sauce, then, your veggies.
- Place your cheese on top of everything and put under the broiler for a couple minutes. Make sure to watch them so you don’t burn them!